26.4.11

Dead Week

I've come to the conclusion that they refer to the week before finals as "dead week" because if you aren't dead already from the constant homework, research papers, 38420183 chapter tests, and 8 am labs, in approximately a week, you can start saying your goodbyes.
Yes.
Finals are next week.
Today's little blessing: I only have two awful finals to dread next week.
I'm completely burnt out on school and I've been overwhelmed with stress. 
I decided to take a break this weekend in hopes of relieving some stress before burying myself in the books for two solid weeks.
Matt Dillon made the long boring drive home with me and upon my arrival to the Boro I was unexpectedly greeted by my favorite face in the world.
Surprise! John was home!!
It was easy to see we were home, alright. Whereas in our college towns the weekend would have started tonight, Scottsboro was dead. So we created our own fun including a 2 am trip to the fishing section at WalMart and spent some good time reflecting on some great memories with Hannah hahaha
I was able to catch up on some rest friday. Then like a super cool sister checked my brother out from school.
Walking in the junior high makes me feel so old. It seems like forever ago I was walking down those hallways begging for those days to end. What I would give to go back to prealgebra, writing notes, ugly gym clothes, monogrammed l.l. bean back packs, and relationships that lasted two weeks tops.
I partook in an excellent Mud Creek steak friday night with my family and boyyyyy was it delic! I swear I eat soo much more when I'm home. One reason I can't wait to be back for summer.
Friday Night also brought along a nice glass or three of wine, millions of pictures, a long lost Eric Storey, stitches in Ben's finger and a crushed toe for me, a big angry cat, hacked facebook statuses, and
Waffle House!
I love my beautiful friends!
Oh how I can't wait to be home and see what all summer has in store for us!
Saturday Caitlin and I spent time catching up in the sun and enjoyed route 44 slushes at happy hour.
Later that night we decided to hit up our favorite birthday dinner eating establishment BV to celebrate the births of AuBrey and Andrea.
TIM who happens to be our favorite German boy and my senior prom date decided to join!
We were so excited to see him!


After dinner I spent some more precious time with my precious John :)
Sunday was EASTER!
I traveled to Birmingham with my parents and brother to visit family.
As I was watching my sweet cousin Reagan hunt her eggs I was once again taken back to the simple times.
Her days consist of little league soccer and coloring books.
Such a sweet and simple way of life.
It was nice to relax and spend the day enjoying some great food with the family.
I came home to say bye to John and his family and prepared to come back to Tuscaloosa for my final two weeks of freshman year.
Maybe I can find time in all this hecticness to enjoy myself.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend...
May 6, May 6, May 6!!

No comments:

Post a Comment