20.4.11

Little Blessings

See this little lady here
This would be my biffle Brookie
You may recognize her as that girl with an amazing sense of fashion
or that girl with the really cute blog
This past weekend I was suppose to travel to Starkville for my very first visit to the land of the cowbell
However it was our ADay celebration here in Tuscaloosa and due to prior arrangements I was anable to make the trip
I was very happy to see some friends I haven't seen in a while as well as a few family members
But I couldn't help but regret my decision to stay here after seeing the pictures the girls posted of Starkville
Soooooo I planned to go see her tomorrow!!
and I bet you'll never guess what day I find out I have a chemistry test
TOMORROW
As if I didn't absolutely despise that class enough
I'm so upset. and I wish I was going. I've been so unbelievably stressed this week and tomorrow I'd drive ten hours to see Brooke if I could. I've been bogged down with so many decisions lately on top of all my school work and trying to plan a trip to the beach so I can finally relax after finals.
Tonight after completing my chemistry homework I decided to take a break and enjoy a nice, long, extremely hot shower.
I always think about things while I'm in the shower
And as I was washing my weave (baha!)
I started thinking about how blessed I am.
I'm blessed to be able to take showers, especially hot ones.
I was able to enjoy more than one nice hot meal today. One was a blessing in itself.
My tiny bed is a BIG blessing. 
I'm blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. I can not wait to see them this weekend!
I'm blessed to be able to go to college. Tests, homework, studying, big decisions; it's all just part of growing up.
And I'm incredibly grateful for all of these things and more.
I think I'll start doing posts about little blessings just to remind myself and others that even when all else seems to fail, we have so much to still be thankful for.
Today's little blessing: my rainboots, rainjacket, and umbrella
It's been a nasty day here in Tuscaloosa today and I'm
hoping my test tomorrow isn't as ugly as the weather.
 Thank you to those of you who have sent random sweet text messages this week.
They've been sent at exactly the right moments and mean so much
and a huge thank you to John Combs for putting up with me.
You of all people have seen the worst of it this week. I know all I've done is gripe and complain and you have been so patient. I appreciate everything you do for me. You're the best!!
I promise once finals are over, I'll be a new woman!
If you're feeling stressed, remind yourself that things could always be worse.


"It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness."
-Charles Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment