30.3.11

Rock The Runway

Perfection is something as humans we are incapable of reaching. And although I know that is true it seems as if everytime I open my mailbox and pull out the newest Victorias Secret catalog, I have to question. You've all seem them. They are gorgeous.
Now I will admit.....until this year, I had never tuned in to the the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. This year, however, I thought why not? It was about the moment the first girl stepped out that I FELL IN LOVE. I was mesmerized. By the models? Negative. But by the lights, the music, the lingerie, the WINGS. I had a new dream.
To be an angel.
I went straight to google to find out just what I had to do to make this dream a reality. I learned quickly it wasn't going to be simple. First of all I was going to have to stretch myself another half an inch. And it seemed as if that was going to be the easiest part of the process. Apparently you can't just walk up to an angel and ask to join in the fun.
But I'm determined.
I'll be on that stage one day with my very own pair of wings.
Last semester an old highschool friend, Miss Kyana Wilborn, approached me about modeling one of her designs in her senior fashion show. I was flattered that she asked and of course, I said yes! As the show got closer I began to feel a few mixed emotions. This was the first time I was participating in ANY sort of fashion show but I couldn't help but be excited because this was my first little baby step towards my angel wings.

This is the precious design I wore. White high-wasted shorts with adorable lace embellished pockets along with a pink lace croptop.
Precious much? I think so! Props to Kyana! Her designs were too cute. Be on the lookout!
Some of the models were fierce. Professionals. Had done it a million times.
Me...........not so much.
But I had a blast. And I'd do it again. And again. And again. For one, I need the practice.
And two, it was fun!
Thank you Kyana for asking ME of all people and giving my own little fifteen minutes of fame.
If I ever do make it to the big runway, I won't forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment